Register Now! **Click to View CE Approvals
Video based online course is accessible 24 hrs. Register for as few as 3 continuing education credit hours, or take the whole course (20 hrs).
Watch engaging lecture videos, animations and detailed focused motion exercise videos demonstrating use of balls, bands, foam pads and other low-tech tools to teach clinicians to progress patients from acute care (passive therapy + posture awareness) through rehab care (less passive therapy + increasing active rehab care exercises to train posture control) and onto wellness (daily posture exercises combined with passive therapy as appropriate to maximize the bio-mechanic benefits of other exercise and ADLs).
The Goal: Helping people move well, avoid micro- and macro-trauma injury, optimize performance and promote healthy choices to optimize bio-mechanic wellness.
Posture and Balance Assessment, Rehabilitation & Motor Control Exercise
Part 1 (3 CE Hours)
- Posture in Modern Society
- Benchmarking Posture Begins with Balance
- Motor Control Exercise (MCE)
- Clinical implementation and Communication
- Alignment - What you are doing to balance
- Retraining Motion
Part 2 (3 CE Hours)
- Posture Practice Trends Individual & Societal Behaviors
- Posture, Pain and the Four PostureZone Bio-mechanics
- 5 Posture Principles in 3 BAM Elements of Posture
- BAM integration & quality of motion...and pain, Posture Assessment Basics
- Forward Head Posture & Upper Crossed Syndrome
- PosturePractice Strategy
Part 3 (3 CE Hours)
- Science & Society – the Cascade of Posture Breakdown
- From Functional Compensation to Structural Adaptation
- From Gait to Posture
Strengthening Stabilization & facilitating weak links in thekinetic chain
- Torso Patterns in Open and Closed Chains
- Building a Body-Mind Foundation
Part 4 (3 CE Hours)
- Retraining Whole Body Patterns
- Balance and Retraining Core Integration, from low back pain to Fall Protection and successful aging
- Clinical Posture Assessment and Rehab in modern society
Aging & Social Demographics: Impact of Contracting, Connecting & Control Adaptation
- Pain, Falls & Aging Poorly
- ACE Framework for Fall Risk Management & Injury Mitigation
Part 5 (3 CE Hours)
- StrongPosture® LifeHabits, A Strategy for Rehab, Performance, & Active Aging
- Observational & Interventional Frameworks
- Strengthening Motion
- External Attention to Focus Accurate Control
- Coupled Motion of the Postural Chain Bridge
- Promoting Postural Health
Part 6 (3 CE Hours)
- The Most Essential Motion: Breathing
- Respiratory Physiology
- Breathing Stronger & Vital Capacity
- Documenting Breath Subtleties
- Ethics of Biopsychosocial Empowerment from Mind-Body to Body-Mind
- Integrating Passive & Active Therapies
Part 7 (2 CE Hours)
- Posture Care for Children and Young Adults
- Attentional Focus to Awareness for Kids
- Trending Research for Posture Care
- Posture, LBP & Breathing
- Strengthen What Counts
- Inner Core Body-Mind Breath Connection
The Posture and Balance Assessment, Rehabilitation & Motor Control Exercise course integrates clinical strategies for passive therapies with active strategies to functionally strengthen posture. Systematic protocols for building personal awareness are integrated with exercises to strengthen standing Balance, static Alignment and dynamic Motion. Three eponymous tracks of tightly defined exercises systematically progress the person to more accurately connect their body perception and motion to objective reality.
Patient-friendly concepts of postural bio-mechanics use 5 common-sense posture principles, and are presented along with each exercise for congruent patient education towards understanding and adopting intelligent postural habits.
Taught by posture expert Dr. Steven Weiniger, each course features a series of videos designed to prepare you to incorporate concepts right now... in practice with patients, clients, and yourself!
"I completed the posture training ceus and loved the information. Thank you" Scott A. Dubrul D.C.
Continuing education credit hours are approved for license renewal in most states, and many professions (DC, PT, NCBTMB, MT, CA, etc). Courses are available 24 hours. Take as much time as you'd like to complete, log in and begin where you left off - or back up to review the material.
"The entire country is suffering from an epidemic of posture issues. IPad, IPhone, texting, computers etc.. Why not learn to be the expert in correcting this? This CE has filled the holes in my practice. I highly recommend it." ~Dr. Jeff Roistacher
- CE Approvals (DC, PT, NCBTMB, MT, AT, CPEP, DACRB, FIANM, CPT)
- CE Sponsor: University of Bridgeport (CCE), BodyZone.com
- Approved NCBTMB CE Provider
- Dual credit towards CPEP posture specialist certification
"Scientific validation / research regarding rehabilitation and chiropractic. Thanks!" Torri Fair, DC
Read with course: Stand Taller Live Longer and Posture Pictures, Assessment, Screening, Marketing & Forms.