Sitting is the New Smoking: Corporate and Community Lecture
From Text-neck to Computer-slouch A PowerPoint Lecture
Research shows significant health consequences for people who spend most of their lives sitting - even if they also exercise. Flexed posture is bio-mechanically weak posture, but in addition to back pain the health effects of sitting can include increased risk of digestive problems, heart disease, breathing issues and diabetes.
Created by posture expert Dr. Steven Weiniger, this powerful new presentation will help you educate people about the importance of posture, and how standing taller really can help people live longer - while promoting the services you provide.
Customizable, 30-45 minute PowerPoint presentation cites research, plus:
- Why sitting is an impending health crisis
- How to create posture awareness
- Ways to strengthen posture awareness
- How to improve posture environment and daily habits
Comes with a CD that includes:
- PowerPoint presentation you can edit
- Video demonstration of the complete presentation
- Preset slides to customize with your practice info and offer
- Lecture transcript you can use and edit
- Tips from Dr. Weiniger to help position you as the local posture specialist
- Bonus: Perils of Sitting Flyer (pdf)